Stew Chicken with Bitter Gourd by Stephy Tam
Thank you Stephy for the recipe!
– Bitter gourd
– 2 Chicken thighs and drumsticks
– 4 Cloves of chopped garlic
– 3 tbsp Ghee Hiang Pure Sesame Oil (Red Label)
– 1 tbsp Feng He Garden Black Bean
– Mykuali Salted Fish Paste (Optional)
1. Cut chicken and bitter gourd into pieces.
2. Marinate the chicken with 3 tbsp Ghee Hiang Pure Sesame Oil (Red Label) and 1 tbsp Feng He Garden Black Bean for 30 minutes before cooking.
3. Heat wok with Ghee Hiang Pure Sesame Oil (you may use other oil, I prefer to eat and cook healthily for my family so I will use Ghee Hiang Pure Sesame Oil), saute garlic until golden brown.
4. Add in meat, continue cooking for 5 min, add in bitter gourd, cover with lid and boil in low heat until dry up.
5. Continue to cook in low heat with a little water if the bitter gourd is not ready to serve.
6. Add in Salted Fish Paste before it serves to enhance the flavor.